The Just Party stands for:
- A Thriving Economy
- For a Caring Society
The "Just" name derives from "social justice", acknowledging that funds for looking after those in need come from a strong economy.
That is not by excessive borrowing or soakng the rich, as socialists such as Corbyn would suggest. That has been shown to be counter-productive - policies that lead to a weak economy,
loss of jobs and less funds for those in need.
The Just Party therefore stands for those in the centre of British politics, combining the centre right with the centre left.
A Thriving Economy provides the money for the NHS and other public services that are part of a Caring Society. Being a Caring Society can also unlock people's potential and thereby help
drive a Thriving Economy. A virtuous circle.
That's the overview. At the next level, the aims and values of The Just Party are as follows:
- Life better tomorrow than today for you, your family, your country and your world
- Supporting ambition and personal choice within a “compassionate capitalist” system
- Equal opportunities, not socialist equality, to provide higher living standards for both richer and poorer
- Supporting everyone to fulfil their potential, as pupils and adults
• SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Compassion and help for those who need it, both practical and financial
- Housing for all, habitable and affordable, through a mix of private and public sector
- NHS free at point of use
- Ensuring everyone is included, regardless of race background or disability
• STRONG ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT OF UK FINANCES
- Balance taxes, spend, borrowings and balance of payments
- Far more difficult under Brexit. So Stop Brexit
- Strong bank regulation, to avoid the repeat of the banking crashes
- Invest in education and infrastruture
- But overall living within our means as a country
• CREATE JOBS
- Encouraging new private sector businesses, and investment in existing businesses
- Creating and protecting jobs in public sector where real value being added to society
• CONCERN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (our Green dimension)
- Our planet is our home. It is our responsibility to look after it, not least for our children and grandchildren. This should not be sacrificed in the pursuit of profit
- Ensuring energy security with safest, cheapest options
• DEFENCE AND FREEDOM
• TRADE UNIONS AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVE BODIES
- Recognising the right of people to be represented at work, whether by a trade union, professional institute or other representative body
• EUROPEAN UNION
- Campaignign to Stop Brexit, as Brexit is incompatible with our other aims
- Nonetheless still eurosceptic. Major change needed to make EU fit for 21st Century
- Nonetheless life shouldn't be taken too seriously.
- Support for culture and the chance for all to have fun!